Wednesday, March 30, 2011

main hand

he casually touches my hand, asks question. continues with work.

while, I....
                  .....awkwardly don't move my hand.

i....
      ....glance at it, every     so         often   . feeling strange...

and then i wonder,
 my mind wanders,

every hand has an invisible network of henna
a written record

have you ever wondered how many people your hand has touched?
a high 5
a handshake
a tap on the back
an accidental awkward brush

many many thousands i would think.
how many people have i touched       who are now dead?
                                                           who are criminals?
                                                            who are famous?

it gives me new reverence for my hand.
indeed 

i marvel at its intricacy

-Pamplemousse

1 comment:

Sarrah said...

beautifully structured :)