Friday, March 4, 2011

Developmentally Appropriate

Sometimes my lines are echoes of
past braid participants. 
A word is my out,
and an older cord sighs at smacks
and labels them
developmentally aprpriate. 

The next line is the norm as well,
the anger at this older-sourced labeling. 
Steady twists make a good rope
and I have been handled by a skilled and practiced ropemaker,
the backwards and forwards of me
pulling to ensure cohesion and style
within my strands and between mine and yours
for general cohesion.  

But mother, that hurts my feelings,
regardless of the psychology of the rope. 
Self-awareness makes nooses
ropes aren't meant to leap forward. 
Intellingence and attemptive loops take an acid chain and
protein them,
living on its own and working, too.  

What are you looking for,
with your "Developmentally Approrpiate"?
Life and death
are glared back. 

-Citron

No comments: