Thursday, March 10, 2011

the cherry blossom in the fog

don't talk to me
can't you see that i stare angrily    at the asphalt whizzing by?

the cumulonimbus cry
it stings behind my eye

inflated is my brain
'neath my nail i feel a pain

i could not have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed...
because my bed has only one side

i hate my life
i hate my strife

my day has not even begun
and i already feel a ton
of ill feeling on my forehead.

ugh..............
staring out the window,
same horrid landscape
never changes
the same horses
somnolently grazing

what is that?
a goddess of the spring to come
a sparkling gem among pebbles
no, it is too meek
too pure,
          so beautiful.

with the mist dripping from her dainty wings
i see the beauty among the smog
i spot the cherry blossom in the fog

-Pamplemousse

No comments: