Tuesday, April 12, 2011

tourist in the world

I wander around, admiring
I like the things I see, but see not things I like
Surrounded by the universe,
I am overwhelmed,
I am lost
The noise of the crowd makes me lose myself
The far horizon makes me feel so small.

I do not recognize anyone,
they are all friendly, but not genuine
I have not yet found a true companion
to help me, who cares.
I walk aimlessly about
watching --
the people, the swamp of people
drowning in the mire

This urban jungle
is hostile to me, it closes me off
not welcome, i meander around the city walls
around the suburban universe
where families live,
the neighborhoods
the guilds
I am a foreigner that does not understand
I suppose...

Everywhere I go, I am a tourist

My surroundings amuse me, but they do not truly mean anything to me

Every tourist has a home, but I?

Why must I inhabit the world, solely as an outsider?

-Pamplemousse

No comments: