Saturday, August 27, 2011

the hipster song

They said hipsters wore plaid with rolled-up sleeves
and listened to folk-punk music. 
I guess then that you look at me
and say "hey what a loser" cause
I guess that I'm a hipster when
it comes to fashion and kazoo
but I sure hope I don't fit in
when judging me by attitude.
A guy on some lit mag day blog
Said nobody can ever write
that writing's really growing up
with laptops and coffee at night
well the hipsters are all writers then
but guess what about me? 
I go to bed right before ten
and I can't stand the taste of coffee
but I'll write in the morning when
the sun is turned on in my room
and maybe I will start a brand new
group of brand new attitudes
cause urban is just white/rich now
and anyway who wants to be
in any kind of labeled group or
own a large flat-screen TV. 
Though I know you hate rhyming I
didn't write this ironically. 
Maybe it's time to go to bed
or go get some more coffee. 


-Citron

No comments: