Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A-side assertive, B-side blues


Magazines don't like my poetry
Friends think it's okay compared to their mothers'
Mother humors me,
I humor me
and write poetry. 
The word "filler song" is used exclusively by the consumer.
Every song on the album is important.
I am important.
Records spin and spin and depending on the third dimensional
world around sound different.
it will spin the same through set beat time
but it will sound very different. 
There is needle room for a bit, a byte, a bite
When it hops over that little black line
at 18, and when centuries read zero
I will be important.  or not.
I might be the B side. The one that is never played in this universe,
on this kitchen table.
But please, stop telling me I do not exist.
I do, and I am important. 
I write poetry.


-Citron

No comments: