Saturday, July 16, 2011

pep talk

It would be a little silly of me to send my poetry to anyone.
Contests highstrung magazines------imbalances
of course they are, no matter the consumer enjoyment
who cares whether the winner is bad
it's in a magazine.
for a second I
care!
Then that second passes.

you know, I try
hard!
but its not for you.  Sometimes I pretend it is.
externally judged critical success!
but thats a really stupid reason to do anything. 
Like going to Harvard Business School because the odds of
being a CEO are good for
the general
population

(thats like following rules, contest rules and poetry rules
(which is an oxymoron anyway
)to be self-satisfied (except if your talent
is rule-following))
(more power to you!)

I read poetrypoetrypoetrynovelspoetrylyricsheeeetslyricsheetspoetry
I can do so much better than
much of!
this junk.  I've not gotten there yet,
and I won't, not on
your!
terms.
But I can, ICANicanicanican.

I enjoy reading
copious amounts
of myself.


-Citron

No comments: