Sunday, May 1, 2011

communication

Hello dear friend, how could you understand my need to speak to someone? you are the happy victim of my cannon of words.  Please answer, comprehend that I am counting on you to help me through these secret difficulties that lie as spoiled milk, fermenting in my chest.  I want to know you, i want to know that you will not judge me, that you perceive with an open, welcoming mind.  I don't know you well at all i is true.  That far corner of the classroom that you inhabit, a swerving trail among tables is the only way to reach you, you seem so distant.  Often i have wished that you would come join us in our trivial conversations.  But please, i am alone, i need someone.  Do not turn me away.


Hi.

What do you want? what could possibly be the motive for you to contact me. we do not mix in our high school soup of society.  I wonder what your reasons are.  Most likely case is that you want answers to some test, or homework, or you want to find out something and attempt to skillfully extract it from my wandering, reposing mind.  I scorn your selfish attempts.  Indeed, why even use formalities? hellos are not necessary, just be up front about it.  i am no fool, i know what you want.  just tell me what you want of me and then be done with it...i truly am quite cynical am i not? perhaps he really does want to speak to me.  perhaps these hidden motives are as invisible as the graying hairs i feel but can not find.  in class, there is a silent hidden worry about him.  surrounded by friends, i feel he must have none. yes, i will try to be open, and give him the benefit of the doubt.  i will give him a chance to accomplish whatever he is trying to accomplish with his monosyllabic salutation.


Hey!

-Pamplemousse

No comments: