Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Printed Fan

It's probably only worth a nickel and a half of ink paper and wood
and less before it was printed.  It traveled miles and miles to end up
hosting a film of dust
above my desk. 

I bought a beautiful tea set today at an attic sale
and need that space. 

I got it at a concert with my best friend- for PR they were handing them out
simple black and white design, logo
and space to sign.
Dark, wet air,
hot, beer smells
the fan did come in handy that day.  It was a good invention and extremely effective.
But it is no longer effective. 

I don't listen to the band anymore and the memory is not as beautiful
as the white teacup with the blue flowers
that I bought today
for a nickel and a half. 

(Tea sets are no longer effective either, remember)

This is all well you say but the space can be shared!
I'm sorry you misunderstand.
The teacup is not competition
but a catalyst. 

That is why we need beautiful things.


-Citron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*applause*

This is gorgeous!