Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ados

Do not give that boy
the body of a man.
(Don't give me the body of a man either-
I wouldn't know what to do.)

already?  I was not expecting this
at twelve weeks a fetus could fit into my hand
but it is working somewhere else, out of reach.
The heart is bigger than most any other part
pump. pump. when it beats my baby is dancing.
It has fingers, too.

Devon got a pickup truck yesterday
it was his uncle's
I looked in the bed, and saw some dirty rainwater
that looked like syrup,
and moved like syrup.
it wasn't syrup,
before I even tasted it.

When I have a house of my own
it will have no doors.
there are too many doors in this house.
doors are to cry against, or lean on when telephoning.
to close.  My house will have no doors. 

children get fat
on chemistry they do not understand.
sometimes they die
from diabetes
that I understand.

men and women were made for each other
there is so much besides the heart now.
they close the door on the child.
inside and outside:  there are always two sides to a door.

pump. pump. somebody bothered to name a brick for me today.
nobody told me what a brick was before. They make walls. 
walls are good
except the ones with doors.

no.
walls are bad
at least doors can be opened.

Who is that man? 

-Citron

No comments: