Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Susanna



Susanna it's your birthday, and I know it's getting late
So I have to sing this song pretty fast, if you missed it today
I would hate that.
Happy birthday to Susanna,
You know I think that you're the man, let's
Go make some adventure plans
Susanna.
Susanna happy birthday
Did you realize how tres
difficile it is to rhyme your name
without sounding cliche?
Susanna.
I'm planning to write people songs
going on near Christmas time
so I'll save my better thoughts
for that occasion
But I figure I would send you a little
birthday card in rhyme,
Who's you're favorite booth, you're mine
Glad you're not named Ruth, but fine
Even if you were named Ruth
I would think you're pretty cool
We would still hang out at school
except possibly if that triggered a giant shift in how history turned out like in that movie about butterflies eating bananas,
Happy birthday to Susanna.


-Citron

No comments: